Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,

I’ve been thinking of writing this letter for a long time. Here it is—finally. I LOVE YOU!!!

Baby, I don’t know whether you are a boy or a girl yet. If you’re a girl, we’re probably going to name you Emma Pearl (a name we’ve loved since before Zachary was born). If you’re a boy—boy oh boy! I don’t know what we’re going to name you. We have a list of possible names, but nothing that is at the top of the list. Not right now anyway.

There are a lot of “what if this is a girl” questions that I’ve been answering in my mind, maybe not in reality. Maybe.

Like, what about the bedroom? Well, right now the plan is you’ll share it with your brother. So, if you’re a boy, you’re going to be sharing a green room with brown monkeys and blue curtains. If you’re a girl, you’re going to be sharing that same room.

What about clothes? Well, if you’re a boy, that’s no problem. You’ll just wear hand-me-downs from your brother. If you’re a girl, you’ll probably have more new stuff than he did. But, you’ll also get some hand-me-downs from a friend in our ward.

So, there are a lot of questions like those that we’ll answer when we bring you home.

In the meantime…here’s some information about how my pregnancy is going. You haven’t made me swell up all over the place like Z-man did. I mostly just have my belly where you reside. You don’t seem too inclined to grow like a monster. It’s been nice.

However, I am experiencing some pains that I didn’t experience with Zach. Like my legs and hips hurt really bad. Walking is hard. Turning over in bed is hard. But I’d do this all over to get you here safe and sound.

I love watching you squirm around in my belly. I love feeling you twist and turn. I love knowing that you’re alive.

Because I’ve known so much joy with Zachary, I can’t wait to meet you. I know you’re going to add so much to our family. I hope you enjoy having Zachary as your brother. He is so sweet and silly. I’m certain he’ll make you giggle and laugh—which are sounds of heaven to me.

I’ve been taking pictures of my belly size each week for the last two months. I’ll make a collage after you get here.

Seriously—I’m so happy you’re coming. I’m so happy you’ve chosen us. I pray for you every day.

I love you!

Your Mom

P.S.

Baby, I love you too. I can't love you the same way Mom loves you, but I love you in my own special way. Be safe inside the best woman I know. Your Mom!!!

I love you,

Your Dad

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw! So sweet! I love these letters. I keep thinking I should write a couple to my boys again, but I haven't yet. Thanks for the reminder!

Crystal said...

Sooooo sweet! I hope you're feeling well. I remember all too well the pains of walking and rolling over in bed. HA! Sounds so silly but it's really true! You'll be back to tying your own shoes in no time! haha. Babies are so fun; can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!!

Marisa Jean said...

Tear. So sweet. You have a wonderful way of expressing the love for your kids. I can't wait to see what this baby is!!! I know you feel that stronger than me, but I'm stil excited!

Melanie said...

So sweet...made me teary eyed with your hubby's comments. You are a wonderful woman! I'm so excited for this new little joy to come into your life!