Monday, January 24, 2011

A Big Deal to Me

It may not be a big deal to most people—but it is to me. Yesterday evening, as we were pulling our coupons out of our newspaper, Zachary went over to Mark, picked up a newspaper bag, took it to the garbage, and disposed of it. Then he went back over to Mark and did the same thing with the second newspaper bag.

It was a big deal to me because Zachary did something nice, purposely, without being asked. I was super impressed and thankful.

This past week, Zachary has really, really been understanding and responding to phrases. I can ask him to pick something up and put it in the garbage. I can ask him if he will let me change his diaper. I can ask him if we can put his shoes on. I can tell him something is on the floor that he is looking for. I can tell him his drink is on the chair by the table. He also understands "Let's go get the mail" and "Dad's home!" When I say that one, he runs to the door.

Those are some examples. He responds to them. (The diaper thing—sometimes he will respond favorably, other times he runs away.) It’s been wonderful and amazing.

He’s getting so big! He’s getting so smart! And he’s still as silly as ever.

3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

AWwww...that would be a big deal to me, too. Cute boy you have!

Michele said...

That is so cute! That would have been a big deal to me too. It sounds like he has some really good parents.

Let's not even think about the 'terrible two's' when their favorite word is "NO". :)

Unknown said...

Oh that is a big deal, a big amazing deal! Very cool, Andrea!