Most Sunday mornings I get the newspapers from the porch and remove the coupons for Andrea. If Zachary is awake, which he usually is, I let him play with the newspaper. His play often includes tearing the newspaper into pieces.
When I went to clean up his mess I noticed a piece he tore that read, "More Holiness Give Me." Though we normally think of this phrase our plea to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, I read it as Zachary's plea to me to provide him more holiness in his life. I reflected on my responsibility of a father in teaching my son the way to find happiness now and for eternity. That is a such a humbling privilege and challenge. I am honored to be a father and respect my father so much more now as a parent.
May we all bring holiness to our family, friends, and love ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment