Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Balloon Chase

I think we have the cutest kid. Really. His name is Zachary. I could just squeeze him all the time!
Anyway..... So Mark and I are always making up little songs and chants. On Sunday I came up with a new one. It goes like this:

I'm gonna get you—here I come!
I'm gonna get you—better run!
I'm gonna get you!
I'm gonna get you!
I'm gonna get you—here I come!


Fun and easy, right? So, now Mark and I chant this to Zachary, and start monster-walking to get him. He LOVES it. He starts laughing and either runs away or he runs to get us!

On Monday, Labor Day, we went to RC Willey to find something on sale (and didn't get it). They had free hot dogs, soft drinks, and balloons. Mark snagged a balloon for Zachary. I don't recall seeing a baby so happy to have a balloon--but Zachary was laughing and playing with it and just absolutely the cutest thing ever!

We tied the balloon to his overalls so it wouldn't float away and so he could easily play with it.

When we got home, Zachary was sitting by the bookshelf pulling all the books out (like he does every day). I heard him start tearing something, so I started the chant. I couldn't see Zachary, just the balloon floating above his head.

As I started the chant, the balloon popped up and quickly moved to the other side of the couch! Our little ghost ran to hide!!!!!!

Mark and I couldn't stop laughing. It was so funny! It was something I definitely want to remember.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh. That kid is gorgeous.

Beccarigg said...

Love his hair and those darling overalls. Such a cute memory with the balloon, I need to write more of those sweet moments down. thanks for the reminder!