Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mark's Hand Book

Mark wrote a book a few years ago about the symbology of hands. I finally finished reading it yesterday. But a few days ago, I found my favorite passage in it. I want to share it here. Mark wrote:

Once Jesus Christ reunited with His physical body, He ascended and presented Himself to the Father. Not knowing much of this event we can be sure it was a glorious and wonderful reunion. It would not be hard to assume that Jesus appeared before the Father in humble similitude, and stretched out His hands and showed the Father the prints in His hands that evidenced His great and last sacrifice. In acceptance of the Son’s sacrifice, the Father may have stretched out His hands and took a hold of the hands of His Only Begotten Son and pulled Him close in a loving embrace.

I've been trying to know the Savior and Heavenly Father better these last few months. This Christmas I focused my thoughts on the miracle of the birth of Jesus Christ. So reading this passage really touched me. It really made me so grateful that I have a Savior. It made me so humble to know that I am a daughter of a Divine Being.

This passage was on my mind Sunday night when I went to a fireside presented by David Christensen, a counselor in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Presidency. He testified of a lot of things. But the thing that vibrated in my soul was when he testified of our Heavenly Mother. The thought came to me that it was probably not only a glorious thing when the Savior returned to Heavenly Father, but I'm sure it was glorious when the Savior returned to His Mother as well.

I am so grateful that I am a daughter of God. I am so grateful that I know of the plan of happiness. And I am so grateful that if I live my life the right way, I can return to my heavenly home and to my heavenly parents.

1 comment:

Sam and/or Monika said...

very beautiful thoughts. thank you for sharing. :)