February 24, 2013, Sunday
Quinton slept pretty okay through the night. Not great, but
okay—considering how little he is. I woke him a couple times to feed and he
woke me a couple times to feed.
There is something magical about having Quinton in our home.
Of course, with Zachary, having a new baby was so exciting. But, when we had
Emma, I didn’t get to experience this little bit of “heaven” that Quinton has
brought. I was more concerned with Emma than enjoying her. I mean, the first
three weeks of her life, she was in the NICU. I did not have a good experience
with that. And when I brought her home, I was always concerned with her
breathing and force feeding her. If she brought heaven with her, I missed it.
But, Quinton—I could just hold him all the time if I didn’t
have other obligations (Zachary and Emma, for instance). He is so precious. He
is so sweet. He is so beautiful. He is so peaceful. He is so perfect. Of course
I love Zachary and Emma. But, it’s just different with Quinton. That’s fair to
say, right?
We talked Mom into going to church with Mark, Zachary, and
Emma. I’m glad that she did. It’s the first time she or Dad have been to our
ward here. I think she enjoyed it.
That evening, Cambrea Corbett and Jeri Johnson brought our
family dinner. So nice to have someone bring you dinner. In Parliament Park, we
didn’t get dinner after we had Emma for a week. I was actually feeling really
hurt, if the truth be told, because Mark was the bishop and we weren’t getting
any dinner help. So, to have meals already lined up after returning home with
Quinton was so—NICE.
No comments:
Post a Comment