Thursday, March 29, 2012

Crying Baby

First of all, I didn't have the greatest day. Let's just get that out in the open.

But, tonight, our bedtime routine was satisfactory and normal. It is now 11:25. I am sitting in the dark living room. Emma is on the floor--crying. I simply don't know what to do for her.

We were in bed with the lights off at 10:45. We heard Zachary in the other room coughing. He is suffering from allergies. They make him cough. We give him Claritan every day. It only slightly improves his night coughing. Coughing too much makes Zachary throw up.

Zachary threw up.

Because he threw up, Mark and I went into "clean up" mode together.

However, Zachary and Emma share a room. So, our busy-ness woke Emma. That, and Zachary was crying.

Emma is still crying. She won't let me hold her. And she cries more when I put her down. She has been this way her whole life. She is NOT a cuddly baby. It makes for a lot of confusion and frustration on my part. I do not know how to comfort her when she refuses to let me comfort her.

*sigh*

Thank Heavens Zachary is back to sleep.

5 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

I feel for you. That is the worst when they are screaming no matter what you do. And holding them seems to make it worse because they arch their back and push away. (at least that's what my little guy does). That's why sometimes I just let him cry. I get too upset trying to help him. I hope she calms down soon!

Janet said...

I'm sorry friend.

Sam and/or Monika said...

i'm sorry it was a rough night. samiyah has grown into tantrum mode, so up with us, she tries to bite us or slap us. it's hard to guess what they are so upset about. :(

Kristie said...

Sorry! And try Zyrtec for the allergies. For my kids, it works much, much better than Claritin!! I'm always glad after hard days that I get to start over fresh in the morning.

Marisa Jean said...

:( Rough night!