Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Emma Is 8 Months

Emma is eight months old today. She has been a ton of work. But I am incredibly grateful for her. Some people say they can feel a person's spirit. I can't always. But I can feel Emma's. (Unless I am feeding/fighting her.) Emma is sweet, calm, beautiful--that is what her spirit feels like to me.

She learned to control her sitting this week. She can sit for ten or more minutes at a time. I am so proud of her.

On the other hand, she reminds me of Bambi on the ice when it comes to trying to get her up on her hands and knees. Crawling may still be a while.

This December she will have been under general anesthesia three times. The first time was to do an MRI on her abdomen. (Everything was normal.) The second time was to do a scope on her stomach and upper intestines. (Everything was normal.) We also spent a whole day with an "impedance" probe to find out about reflux. (I will blog more later.) The third time will be in one week when Emma gets a g-tube placed.

Emma is still hanging out in size 3-6 month clothes. We are definitely getting good use of them.

Oh, and I am a rock star: I have pumped for Emma this whole time. I am quitting soon. Soon.




4 comments:

eclaires said...

Um, you are a TOTAL rockstar. :)

jlbunting.com said...

Looking good Emma! So, you might have pumped enough to last, but I have a bunch of formula if you need it. And did you get a text from me today? I'm not sure I have your number!

Marisa Jean said...

Holy pumping...you are a maniac that obviously LOVES your child! I couldn't have done that. Not with the stress you've gone through. No way!

She is so darling and I can tell she's a patient person with a strong spirit.

Ginger said...

You are my breastfeeding hero. Seriously, Andrea - that is awesome!