You are now 18 months!!!! Holy moly. Eighteen months. Wow. Time has flown.
About an hour ago you climbed up on my lap and fell asleep. You don’t usually do that. Often I coerce you to come sit on my lap so I can read to you or sing to you to calm you down. About half the time you’ll fall asleep that way. The rest of the time you’re calm and I can put you in your crib. But, you rarely come to me and just fall asleep like you just did. Oh, I love holding you. I wish I had the time and patience to just hold you for the next two plus hours during your nap.
Yes, your naps are two to three hours on a regular basis. It’s good for me. Especially now that this pregnancy is tiring me out. I can catch a short nap and get some computer time.
Your hair is getting so long. But, I have no desire to really cut it. I think it is awesome hair. So many people agree with me. I know I probably should cut it, but it’s so much fun.
You still don’t say many words. I’m okay with that for the most part. Actually, this may sound weird, but it seems like lately you’re getting even lazier with your words that you used to say, like ball and balloon. You still make the “b” sound, but the rest of the word is not very clear.
We do animal sounds together. You know the sounds for the following: snake, dog, cat, cow, horse, sheep, elephant, bear, monkey, bird, and duck.
A week ago, while your dad was at training, the thought suddenly came to me: I can make Zachary a stove/oven!!! A few of my friends have posted pictures of these fancy kitchens they have made out of old entertainment centers. I’ve been slightly jealous. But, we don’t have any place to build something like that and we don’t have any place to put something like that. But you’ve been content “cooking” on one of our ottomans. I thought—gee! I can just make him a stove out of a box! So, I did. It took me about two hours. And you love it! You cook all sorts of things on it and then you share them with us. I’m so impressed with your imagination. And I’m so impressed with your ability to copy us.
You seem like you’re pretty tall for your age. We’re going to the pediatrician on Monday for your check-up. We’ll see how you measure up there.
You’ve been going to nursery for quite a few months since we have very few nursery-aged children in our ward and since the nursery leaders love you. But, this Sunday will be your first “official” Sunday. I can’t believe it.
Apparently, you love going with the kids to primary for singing time. In fact, one day we had some music on and the song “If You’re Happy and You Know It” came on. You started stomping around. I couldn’t believe it! You learned that in primary and you were so excited to hear the song. That made me super happy.
I apologize for not taking you outside much. I really wish we had our own lawn where you could just run around. But, I’m kind of unwilling to let you just run out on the lawn since the complex’s draining system is awful—leading to constant mud—and people don’t pick up their dog’s poop. I know you probably get sick of just staying inside all the time.
Speaking of which, this past Monday, when Dad got home from work, you got your shoes and coat and made him take you outside. Oh, that was so good for both you and Dad! Dad was so happy to spend time with you and you got to take him where you wanted to go.
You really have your daddy wrapped around your finger. If you want him to get up, you climb up on him and pull his shoulders forward. You figured out this trick worked on him long before you tried it on me. A funny: your dad has a bad back right now. The other day, you had him in the dark room with you. He was copying you. You got him to lay on the floor. The next thing he knew, you were up on his back—and he couldn’t get up! Hahahah! He had to call to me for help. You had him pinned. So, so funny.
Dad has also taught you to tickle my belly (which is extra funny since it’s very large right now). Pretty much any time he tells you to tickle me, you’ll drop whatever you’re doing and head to me with a huge smile on your face. I laugh at your enthusiasm and joy more than because I’m getting tickled. I’m trying to teach you to tickle your dad’s feet in return. Working on it.
Your favorite toys are your cars and trucks. I counted them a while ago. We have 77 vehicles for you to play with. Probably half of them are yours, half are mine. But, I’m glad they are getting played with.
Sometimes I worry about you because you’ll just throw up for no apparent reason. Last night was a good example of that. We had put you to bed at 9:30. About 11:00, you woke up with a blood curdling scream and then yelling and crying. Your dad went in to see what the problem was. You were covered in throw up. I hope this is not a long term way of life with you.
You only have seven teeth. You got your bottom two front incisors first, then your top two front incisors, then your left top incisor, then a molar on the bottom left, and just recently the right top incisor. I actually wish you had more teeth so you could eat more of our food. You can’t chew that much with only seven teeth. *sigh*
Anyway, thanks for being our favorite boy. You are so beautiful and wonderful. We love you so, so much! I am thankful every single day to be your mom.
Love,
Mom
4 comments:
I cannot believe you made him that stove...that's amazing! Andrea, I'm so impressed! And Zachary, you are such a cute little guy. Love the hair and the smile.
Love the kitchenette! Do you have a storage room?
Cecily has 2 teeth and ends up shoving most of her food into her mouth and gnawing and sucking until it's small enough to swallow. She, surprisingly doesn't choke that often.
I love his hair. I love those curly locks. I have a resistance to cut my kids hairs too.
The throwing up is odd. Does he cry so hard that he makes himself throw up or is it some kind of consistent thing combined w/a fever or anything? The reason I ask is bcse my niece would get sick consistently each month and then be fine.
Super, super sweet! :D
-Mercedes
I wonder if he could have a food allergy? A friend of Mine's little girl used to throw up randomly & the dr. Finally linked it to foods she was allergic to. Hmm, something to think about. And your stove is awesome!!!
Post a Comment