First Cold
Last Sunday night, April 28, you got your first cold. This is the first time you've been sick. You were sneezing all day, with a few coughs thrown in. But, Sunday night and Monday morning, you woke me up SIX times. That was a rough night for both of us. I felt so bad for you because you were so sad and you were so congested.
I had your daddy give you a blessing. You haven't fully recovered since then, but you have been able to sleep at night and you have been happy again. Thank goodness for the Priesthood!
First Trip Down the Hall
Monday, April 29, you made your first trip down the hall by yourself. Crawling. On hands and knees. I've mentioned before that you've been crawling, but not very well. But, this trip was the turning point in your crawling. You've decided that now it's worth doing it the right way and that you can get where you want to go.
I had just changed your diaper. I left you in your bedroom to go take care of it. When I came back, you were playing with some things on the floor so I just left you. Then you started crying a bit, a "Where are you?" cry. I called you to. I checked on you and you were headed to your bedroom door. So I just called to you again and left.
Not much longer and I saw you in the hallway while I was sitting on my rocking chair in the living room. I kept calling to you and you kept crying the "Why aren't you picking me up?" cry. But, you came. You came all the way from your crib to me in my rocking chair! I was so excited for you. And you weren't even feeling your best and you did it!
Since then, you've been getting a little bit faster each day. You've been crawling a little more regularly every day.
I'm not really sure the Easter Bunny is going to come to our house. But, we did give you an Easter present this year. Actually, two.
The first was a Hungry Hungry Hippo stuffed animal. It's yellow. You helped me pick him out at Toys R Us last week.
The second is a walker/cart thingy. It says it's for babies 9 months and older, to help them learn how to walk. But, you are showing signs of walking already, so I figured this would be a good toy for you to have. You haven't quite figured out that you can WALK with it yet, but you sure do like to spin the little doodads on it.
I've been standing you by the crib rail for a couple months now, most often just when I get you in the morning while I grab your clean clothes for the day. But, yesterday, April 5, you decided to pull yourself up. You did it four times yesterday. The third time you pulled yourself up facing the wall and you sure didn't like that. Actually, you didn't like it the first three times because then you didn't know what to do after you got pulled up. Ha!
Since you're kind of tall, your dad and I decided that we would already drop the crib bottom down so you won't pull yourself up and flip yourself out onto the floor and hurt yourself. You've already tried to pull up again, but it's about an inch too high for you to get a good grip. For now you're safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment