Monday, March 15, 2010

Fiddler on the Roof and Honk

Mark and I went to Fiddler on the Roof at the Hale Center Theater on March 11. It was absolutely wonderful! WONDERFUL.

I went expecting to have a good time. I like Fiddler on the Roof. I own the DVD. I know the songs. Emery County community theater did it when I was growing up and Aunt Tanie was the Matchmaker. I really like it.

But, I had such a good, good time there. I tried very hard not to burst out singing with the cast. It was beautiful to have an actual fiddler as part of the cast. I fell in love with Tevye (don't worry Mark--not that kind of love). I was so glad that we went. It made me happy, angry, sad, giggly--so many emotions. And the dream was hilarious! Oh man.... I would go again if someone offered me a ticket.

The following night, Friday, March 12, Mark and I went to another play. This one was the Emery County community theater version of Honk. That's the story of the ugly duckling.

Let me just say--I had a good time. But the quality of performance, the quality of staging, and the quality of song was so vastly different it was hard not to compare the two. Especially since we saw them one right after the other.

My sister, two of my aunts, and one of my cousins were in Honk. They had such a good time. And I'm so glad they did. And I'm so glad I got to go see them perform. (Honestly, I think they were better than the mother and father duck, who were main performers.)

No comments: