Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Unexpected Meltdown

Yesterday morning, I woke up upset. I really did.

The alarm clock went off. Mark scooted over and immediately started spooning me. All I wanted was for him to get off me: he was too hot and I didn't want to be spooned. However, I didn't tell him that because I figured I would eventually want him to spoon me anyway. Not so.

Then we get up out of bed and I just didn't want to share the bathroom with him. I didn't tell him that either.

He fixed me pancakes for breakfast--because he is seriously the awesomest husband ever. And I totally wanted pancakes.

But when I went out to have breakfast with him, everything he did and said just drove me nuts. It made me mad and/or it made me sad. Like, I said something and, as usual, he acted silly and ran to the "sad corner." Only, he wouldn't knock it off when I told him to come back to the table and get out of the sad corner. It made me mad.

A few minutes later, he tried to kiss me, only he was holding my neck in the back so hard I couldn't hardly lift my head--so he pretend pouted that I didn't want to kiss him.

That was it. That was the last straw. I told him to "STOP" because I just wasn't in the mood to be teased. And then the waterworks came.

I started crying. As in--huge tears. And not just one. It was a bunch of tears. And I couldn't stop them.

Mark's eyes were suddenly sad and I knew that I had made him feel bad--but I REALLY didn't mean to. I couldn't stop the tears.

I had told him earlier that I had woken up feeling upset. So when these tears came on he asked if I had a bad feeling about something. I told him no--that I didn't know why I was feeling upset.

Poor Mark.

I love him so much and I felt so bad that I freaked him out. Honestly--it freaked me out too. I've never burst into tears before for no good reason. And I couldn't stop the tears from coming either.

I told my bosses and coworkers that I had burst into tears at breakfast. One of my bosses throughout the day kept saying stuff like, "Oh, I better be careful, or I might make you cry." Not exactly what I wanted and/or needed to hear.

I just felt crappy yesterday. The confusing thing to me is I went to bed happy Tuesday night. Mark and I had had a great night together. So, all day yesterday, Mark would send me chat messages asking me how I was doing. Yah, I really freaked him out unintentionally--with no apparent reason.

But, when I got home from work last night--Mark met me at the door. He had ended up going home early because of his court schedule. He had dinner all made: pork chops (sooooooo yummy), a green salad, mixed vegetables, and a fruit drink. AND--he had a bouquet of various white flowers sitting on the counter. Totally what I needed!

An hour or so later, when I finally went into the bedroom, I found a SECOND bouquet of flowers on the dresser! Various red and yellow flowers.

Mark has surprised me with two bouquets before; that time I ran out of the bedroom and smothered him with kisses. Last night, however, I just walked out to smother him with kisses. He pointed out the difference in pace between the two times--I reminded him that I don't really run any more as I am preggo.

THANKS MARK! (Sorry I freaked you out.) I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

11 comments:

Kristie said...

So sorry to hear about your day! I have the same kind of days lately, and Barth ALWAYS chalks it up to those darn pregnancy hormones!!!! I know that it IS what is causing me to be in my moods too, and as long as he doesn't say it out loud and goes with the flow, it all works out in the end. Tell Mark to hang in there. There are bound to be a few more days like that before you are all done (and perhaps even a few afterwords when your hormones are REALLY out of whack!) but know that all of us pregnant women do the same thing at times!! :) I hope that today is a better day for you!!!!! You are getting close now! Perhaps you could go into labor on the 4th and we could have our babies on the same day!!! :)

Beccarigg said...

I have totally done that before to Taber. Poor guy was so confused, he had no idea what had happened or what to do. I felt so bad too and wanted to explain it to him but I couldn't even explain it to myself so I just cried and he just held me while we both tried to figure out what the heck was going on! Thank goodness for patient, wonderful husbands though. Mark is SUCH a sweetheart for making you dinner and surprising you with flowers. He's definitely a keeper! ; )

eclaires said...

At least you can "blame" it on your hormones. They have a way of messing you up like that. And I hear when you're pregnant, they go all wacky and stuff. :) I think you both handled those little devils very well. :)

Melinders said...

What a great guy. One time right after I had a baby I was talking to a lady at church. I just started crying and couldn't stop and couldn't figure out why. I was so embarrassed, but decided it must be the hormones. Good Luck!

Trista said...

I didn't know other pregnant women acted just like me too. It sounds like we both have pretty amazing husbands. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Michele said...

I'm so sorry you had a bad day! I'm not even pregnant and that has happened to me in the last month. Luckily you have such a great husband that spoils you rotten. :)

Nikki said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day.... but I'm so impressed that you were able to talk about it. That is such a sweet story. When I've gone off the emotional deep-end like that while preggers, I went so FAR off the deep end I couldn't talk to anybody about it. Stay strong, stay healthy, and stay sweet- you're awesome!

Janet said...

I have been there and done that! It is really sweet that he got you flowers, what a great guy! I hope that you can feel better soon and that the rest of your pregnancy will go smoothly! Hang in there, it's tough being a lady sometimes!

Dustin and Christy Ericksen said...

That sounds so familiar. I did the same thing to Dustin like a month ago. I don't even remember what he did but I was soooo mad at him that I didn't talk to him all day I went to bad angry and didn't talk to him half the day the next day..he tried to figure out what he did and couldn't. He made me an awesome dinner..similar to what mark made you and I was so upset I couldn't even look at it :/ I burst into a hysterical cry and I mean seriously to where I was having breathing problems and chest pains. I cried till like 2 am on the bathroom floor...with Dustin just laying there with me holding me. That was the most bizare feeling ever...it's crazy how pregnancy makes you do that!!! Poor Dustin....I know I scared him really bad :(

Anonymous said...

Although you had to have a meltdown at least you know Mark will always be there for you. What a keeper!

Melanie said...

*HUGS*! Crazy hormones! I SOOOO understand! Its great to be married to such a great man huh! Hope you're feeling better!